IMPORTANT POINT IN A NUTSHELL NIMCET 2019
IMPORTANT POINTS IN A NUTSHELL
1. Admission to the M.C.A. programme of the ten NITs is done through a common entrance test NIMCET. Candidates must apply for NIMCET-2019 through ‘Online’ only and they must follow the instructions strictly as given in the NIMCET-2019 website https://www.nimcet.in. Applications not complying with the instructions will be summarily rejected.
2. Online Submission of the Application Form
• Candidates have to register on NIMCET-2019 website by creating the login, password as instructed therein and then fill all the details as per the Online Form. Application system is made user-friendly as much as possible and enough help/ instructions/ guidelines have been provided in appropriate places in addition to the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) link provided on the top of the application page. Further, a link is also provided on the top of the webpage to “Contact us” for any assistance/ guidance.
• The last date for submitting online application is MARCH 31, 2019. The application filling process will not be available after 5.00 PM (IST) on March 31, 2019. No requests in this regard shall be entertained thereafter.
• Candidates have to pay the non-refundable Application Processing Fee (Rs. 2,200/- for OPEN/OBC Category and Rs. 1,100/-for SC/ST/PwD Category) through the provisions made in the NIMCET-2019 website only before the final submission of the online application form.
• All the relevant documents (duly self attested and then scanned) should be uploaded along with the online application form.
• After duly filling up the application form and uploading of the necessary documents, the candidate should click “Preview the Application”, following which a preview of the entire application will be generated for viewing. The candidate is advised to carefully review this form and use “Revise the Application” button to go back to the application form, if required. Click on “SUBMIT” button only after assuring himself/herself that every entry is in order. Please note that no further review/ modification of the application will be possible after the final submission.
• After the final submission of the application, a soft copy of the complete application form with unique Application Number will be generated in the downloadable PDF format. Applicants are advised to download and save the soft copy and also keep a hard copy of the application for further references.
• Applicants must quote their Application Number in all future correspondence.
• The generated application form will be accessible for download by the applicants until April 20, 2019.
• Please ensure that all the supporting documents are uploaded as specified in the check-list.
• Candidate’s login name, email id, password and the security question (with its answer) are very important. They should remember these till the end of the NIMCET-2019 process.
• Candidates should not create multiple logins. Any attempt to subvert the process will be viewed seriously.
• Candidates should use only one mobile number to create an account. Candidate must retain the same mobile number till admission process through NIMCET 2019 is complete.
• The online application form submitted without uploading the proper supporting documents and e-receipt (document of proof of payment of the application fee) will be summarily rejected.
• Hard copy of the application form and the supporting documents NEED NOT be sent to the Coordinating NIT.
3. NIMCET-2019 team is not responsible for any user side network failures.
4. Admit cards will NOT be sent to the candidates individually by post. Eligible candidates can download their own Admit Cards from the NIMCET-2019 website https://www.nimcet.in on or after May 13, 2019. In the event of any difficulty/ problem in downloading the Admit Card, the candidates should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com between May 13 and 24, 2019 giving details of the candidate’s application number and proof for the remittance of fee. Any telephonic requests will not be entertained.
5. Candidate is hereby advised to print the Admit Card on precision printers only such as Laser Printers (and not on Inkjet printers). Also, the candidate must preserve the Admit Card (used during the examination) till the entire process of admission is complete. Request for issue of duplicate Admit Card will not be entertained after the examination in any case